Structo is currently looking for Firmware Engineer for our growing technical team. As a Firmware Engineer, you will be involved in the full product development lifecycle of our printers, starting from helping shape the plan and vision on the drawing board to getting the product out in the market and optimizing production on the factory shop floor. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of product designers, marketers, test engineers, chemical formulation team and manufacturing team.
You will help design the firmware for embedded control systems, motion control, power electronics and safety system. You will also help ensure manufacturability and regulatory compliance of the product. This role provides the rare opportunity of you taking part in actual product development, making immediate impact tothe business and offers a tremendous learning experience.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based 3D printer.
- Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Define and implement high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Be a contributor in developing an environment of continuous improvement across product lines and development groups.
- Analyze and provide feedback on peer designs in an open and collaborative design review forum.
- Actively participate in, and at times leads, cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Engage with internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Coordinate with project team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and design descriptions for assigned designs applicable standards and procedures. Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues. Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with assembly level and C language development including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working with real-time operating systems
- Experience with real-time signal processing and hardware
- Experience working with various communication and networking protocols
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects
- Prior design engineering experience
- Experience with 3D printer
- Experience with analog and digital hardware
- Experience driving technology integration and adoption
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment
- Software development experience in an embedded environment for medical devices
• Flexible and open startup working environment
• Opportunity for career and personal growth
• Yearly appraisal and bonus based on performance
• Opportunity to attend professional trainings and seminars
• Opportunity to attend 3D printing events, trade-shows, workshops for skill and knowledge development.
• Working environment with a very dynamic young team.
• Learn the latest 3D printing technologies and additive manufacturing techniques.
• Regular team building events, BBQ, Foosball events and others.